If you've been counting down the hours at your 9-to-5 job, the allure of early retirement is apparent. However, despite the fact that many people fantasize about retiring early, the realities of retirement have significantly changed over the past 20 to 30 years.
Across the country, the cost of living has risen dramatically, while wages have barely kept pace with inflation. Furthermore, people are living longer lives, which means they will have to rely on savings and Social Security for many more years.
A longer retirement also means more years without the structure of a job. Some people may discover a new purpose in an extended retirement, but many others may become bored, directionless, and isolated. In addition, their physical and cognitive health may suffer as a result of their inactivity.
You can benefit from a second career in the following ways:
- New motivation
- New challenges
- Developing relationships with coworkers and customers
- Many successful entrepreneurs have found their stride later in life.
So, why should you buy a franchise in particular? The following are some of the benefits of owning your own franchise:
- Independence: You can finally be your own boss when you purchase a franchise. You have complete control over how your business is managed, and you can reap the full benefits of your efforts.
- Flexibility: As a franchise owner, you'll enjoy having complete control over your schedule if you've ever felt restricted by the rigidity of the work week.
- Structure that already exists: It's always difficult to start something new, but with a franchise, you'll benefit from brand recognition and a well-established model for success.
Regardless of your age, if you would like to find your franchising path, please schedule a brief call with me.